Although we are always excited to tell people about what we have accomplished so far, our plans for Project #3 are an important topic for consideration. These results of a Board Workshop present a summary of our focus for Project #3. By sharing these, we can provide an understanding of our thought process and, possibly, lead to suggestions from visitors to our website. Finding suitable properties which we can afford to develop is a major challenge. If you have suggestions, please let us know!
- Within the Region of Waterloo with access to services/shops/transit essential for tenants
- Choice of housing style and size depends upon the site and the requirements of potential tenants in that location
- We arecommitted to a building which will complement the surrounding neighbourhood
- Our commitment to helping create a sense of community for the tenants includes incorporating a small commercial space which could provide training programs/employment opportunities
- We will consider a Brownfield site and would also consider another old commercial building
- We will consider a wide range of possibilities, including a rebuild, retrofit, new construction or a combination of these
- Heartwood Place will consider a wide range of options, including providing the “community” space and then partnering with others for programs, business, etc.
- Since our project on Ainslie Street will be finished in a few months, we hope to identify the site of a third project soon
- Ongoing need - possibly an increasing one - for more affordable housing in our Region and desire to continue making a difference